Wide Open Graphic Installation
Download Vinyl Application Instructions PDF
All surfaces must be considered dirty and must be cleaned prior to the application of vinyl. Cleaner such as Windex are acceptable, however, we recommend a 2 to 1 mixture of water and isopropyl alcohol. Wipe the surface dry with clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
Air and surface temperature must be above 55 degrees Fahrenheit for the application of the vinyl. Apply the vinyl using the following steps:
*It is recommended that a novice installer have a helper present on the following steps. It is not a requirement, however it will help insure quality installation.
- Measure and mark the area you wish to apply your vinyl. Once you have the area defined you will have a good idea as to where the upper right and left corners of the decal should be placed. At this time take your decal (paper and all) and tape the upper right corner of it to the predetermined area. Have your assistant hold the upper left corner of the decal in place while you stand back a few feet and look at it if you like it’s placement then continue on to step 2.
- Tape the left corner in place and put a piece of tape down the center of the decal. Place a mark on the two corner pieces of tape and the surface you are mounting them on. You will be aligning these two marks later, so it is important that you can see them.
- On the left side of the decal hold the paper and peel off the tape until you reach the center of the decal. Cut the paper as close to the center as you without scratching the surface.
- Spray the surface on the left side with light soapy water or application fluid (we recommend the application fluid). Place the left side of the decal down on the surface, taking care to line up the lines you drew in step 2. With the application tape still intact (if present - laminated material will not have application tape applied), squeegee the decal to the surface by applying pressure and smooth even strokes. Start at the middle of the decal and work your way out to the left.
- Lift up the right side of the decal and remove the remainder of the backing paper. (It is okay to lift up the piece of center tape at this time). Apply your application fluid to the right hand surface. Place the right side of the decal taking care to align your marks on the right side. Again, start at the middle and squeegee toward the right side of the decal.
- It is good idea to wait just couple of minutes before you remove the application tape - if laminated there may not be application tape. This allows the application fluid to dry some and will prevent the decal from pulling up. Once it is adhering to the surface squeegee the entire decal a second time. Then, carefully peel the tape off the entire decal.
- Take a razor blade and trim the decal to fit the side of the car.
- It is common for they’re to be some small bubbles throughout the decal. These bubbles will leave by themselves within a few weeks. If you have any major bubbles you can eliminate them by carefully heating with a hair dryer or heat gun, and then puncturing with a needle and applying pressure with your thumb. * You can do more damage than good by chasing smaller bubbles. They will dissipate on their own.